Thursday, June 12, 2008

'Our' Car in Holland

Papa's old car was fantasticGerben had collected dad's car from Hengelo. The last time I saw it was a lot worse for wear: my dad's driving hadn't been all that accurate the past year, and it was full of scratches and dents. But his insurance paid for the repairs, and it looked a lot better than it did in February. It's THE best car I've ever driven, and in a way I hate to admit it's a Volvo... But they've gotten their act together in the past 15 years or so (since the 240 series), and instead of a slow, hard to handle tank, this Volvo S80 handles great, runs very smoothly and gives you a very comfortable ride. So we were really lucky that we had access to the car: it was going to be sold, but we kept it for the time being.

No comments: